Cotton Australia is the peak grower body for Australia’s cotton growers.
It helps cotton growers to produce high yielding, high quality, sustainable and profitable crops and is funded by a voluntary grower levy ($1.50) on each bale of cotton produced, collected at the time of ginning.
These funds are used to:
- provide a united and powerful voice for the industry
- defend and stand up for grower’s rights
- support growers on-the-ground, and in times of crisis
- keep growers informed of the latest industry information and resources
- influence public policy at all levels of government
- help growers be more sustainable and profitable through myBMP
- push for better rural Research and Development funding
- promote positive messages and a positive image of the cotton industry
- protect the industry from biosecurity and stewardship threats
In short, Cotton Australia allows cotton growers to get on with the job they do best – growing the world’s best cotton crops.
Australia’s myBMP farms produce the world’s best cotton using responsible and efficient management practic...
CottonInfo is the Australian cotton industry’s joint extension program. CottonInfo is designed to connect gr...
Under the banner of CottonSafe, Cotton Australia is promoting an increased awareness of relevant Work Health a...
Cotton industry stewardship is crucial to ensuring the long-term future of Australia’s cotton industry. It ...
“Biosecurity” is about protecting farms, the environment, the economy and people’s health from pests and...
The transport and movement of heavy vehicles, machinery and loads on public roads is a highly regulated proces...
Spray drift and Satacrop
If some of your cotton plants look like this, they may have been affected by spray drift from a Group I (e.g. ...
The cotton industry’s labour force is critical to sustaining the industry’s competitive advantage. It take...
Cotton Australia sponsors a range of leadership programs aimed at building the skills and abilities of cotton ...
Industry Short Courses
Some of the training is either mandatory (by law), required as part of compliance with the cotton industry’s...
This page contains best practice information for growers, information on two-way communication tools for growe...