Cotton Australia has two Education Kits available for students and teachers: the Cotton Education Kit (digital resource) and the Cotton Sampler Education Pack (physical resource that we can post upon request - to Australian locations only).
Whether it is ideas for incorporating cotton contexts in the classroom, great teaching resources, or information for a school project, all you need to know about cotton is right here.
Designed for teachers and high school students, this kit is linked to dynamic resources such as video, websites, research, case studies, lessons and units. It also has syllabus links, with more to come.
Download the Cotton Education Kit (Senior Secondary)
Click here to download the Cotton Education Kit (Senior Secondary) in chapters:
- Contents, Introduction and Curriculum Links (2MB PDF)
- Chapter 1: The Australian Cotton Industry (3MB PDF)
- Chapter 2: A sustainable Cotton Industry (5MB PDF)
- Chapter 3: The History of Cotton (2MB PDF)
- Chapter 4: The Cotton Plant (2MB PDF)
- Chapter 5A: How Cotton Is Grown (1.8MB PDF)
- Chapter 5B: How Cotton Is Grown cont'd (5.9MB PDF)
- Chapter 6: The Business of Cotton Farming (4MB PDF)
- Chapter 7: Processing from Gin to Fabric (4MB PDF)
- Chapter 8: Cotton as a Competitive Commodity (2MB PDF)
- Chapter 9: Cotton as a Consumer Product (2MB PDF)
- Chapter 10: Cotton Careers (1MB PDF)
- Links to additional information and teaching resources (418KB PDF)
Cotton Sampler Education Pack
This sampler pack is available to teachers. It includes:
- A seed planting kit
- How to Grow a Pair of Jeans brochure
- Pocket Guide to Cotton brochure
- Cotton samples
For your free Cotton Sampler Education Pack, please fill out the contact form at this link, making sure to include a message requesting the kit and your correct mailing address (this is only available to Australian locations).