Do you want to learn about Australian cotton, and read the latest information about our industry? If so, visit our Learn About Cotton page to find out more.
Did you know the average Australian cotton farm:
- is family-owned and operated;
- directly creates jobs for nine people;
- is run by growers with an average age of 47 years;
- grows 576 hectares of cotton, comprising 10% of the total farm area;
- supplements cotton with other crops.
Are you an educator wanting to teach your students about the Australian cotton industry?
Learn the story of Australia's cotton industry right here, and access educational resources to use in your classroom.
For information on our education events for teachers or students, visit our Events page.Learn More
COTTON TO MARKET
Cotton Australia is committed to programs that promote and encourage responsible and sustainable cotton production in Australia and around the world.
Cotton Australia is involved in a number of programs to position Australian cotton in the world fibre market, including:
- The Better Cotton Initiative
- The Cotton LEADS program