Cotton Australia has two Education Kits available for students and school classroom teachers: the Cotton Education Kit (digital resource) and the Cotton Sampler Education Pack (physical resource that we can post upon request - to Australian locations only. This is not available for individual home school educators, however, consideration will be given to home schooling hubs/groups that service 15 or more home schooling families).
Whether it is ideas for incorporating cotton contexts in the classroom, great teaching resources, or information for a school project, all you need to know about cotton is right here.
Designed for all teachers and high school students, the 10-chapter digital Cotton Education Kit is linked to dynamic resources such as video, websites, research, and case studies. This kit has been mapped to the Australian Curriculum for Years 7-10, and targeted outcomes for Years 11 -12 from all state & territory curriculums across Australia. A list of themes is provided for teachers at the back of each chapter as a quick guide to assist linking the content to their unit of work or syllabi in their state or territory.
Click here to download the Cotton Education Kit Curriculum Mapping Guide.
Cotton Australia’s 360degree VR film is interactive on most digital devices and can be accessed by clicking here.
Download the Cotton Education Kit (teachers and secondary students 7-12)
Click here to download the Cotton Education Kit (teachers and secondary students 7-12) in chapters:
- Chapter 1 – The Australian Cotton Industry Naturally World’s Best
- Chapter 2 – A Sustainable Cotton Industry
- Chapter 3 – The History of Cotton
- Chapter 4 – The Cotton Plant
- Chapter 5 – How Cotton Is Grown
- Chapter 6 – The Business of Cotton Farming
- Chapter 7 – Processing: From Gin to Fabric
- Chapter 8 – Cotton As A Competitive Commodity
- Chapter 9 – Cotton As A Consumer Product
- Chapter 10 – Cotton Careers
Cotton Sampler Education Pack
This sampler pack is available to school classroom teachers. It includes:
- Set of three classroom posters
- A small packet of conventional cotton seeds
- Pocket Guide to Cotton brochure
- Ginned and unginned cotton samples
For your free Cotton Sampler Education Pack, please see eligibility requirements written at the top of this page. If eligible, please fill out the contact form at this link, making sure to include a message stating the year level, subject/s these resources are supporting requesting the kit, and your correct school mailing address.