Awards winners announced
The Gwydir Valley Cotton Growers Association and Darling Downs Cotton Growers Incorporated recently held their annual grower awards with local growers recognised for excellence in the industry.
Gwydir Valley Cotton Growers Association
Around 210 people had a wonderful time at the Gwydir Cotton Growers Association Casino Royale Charity Awards Dinner and Auction, raising money for charity and celebrating all the award winners.
The black-tie event raised around $100,000 for the region’s health fund which goes towards attracting medical staff to Moree while money will also go to local schools for various projects.
The awards function gave those in attendance a chance to celebrate excellence in the industry. Awards went to:
- Highest yield irrigated - Alan Moore Bengerang with 16.32 bales per hectare
- Highest yield dryland – Lindsay George - Livingstone Farm with 6.41 Bales per hectare
- Young achiever award – Alex Trinder
- Gwydir Valley service to industry to award – Lou Gall
Darling Downs Cotton Growers Incorporated
The Darling Downes Cotton Growers Inc awards dinner has been held in Dalby with around 200 people attending and having a fun night.
The dinner recognised the award winners for the region including:
- RDO Equipment Grower of the Year - McVeigh Ag, Dalby - Steve and Bridget McVeigh
- CGS High Achiever of the Year: Pallathorpe Enterprises “Macalister” – Ross, Janelle, Kurt and Luke Von Pein.
There was a top-end display of fashion made from Tama wraps - with some of the male growers showing their fashion flair.