More than 30 cotton and grain growers joined Cotton Australia at Jamie Grant’s ‘Kielli’ farm at Jimbour on the Darling Downs for a spray drift management workshop. The event was used to raise awareness of spray drift issues and factors, risk management and best practice strategies.
The event, held on December 21, 2015, covered a range of topics, including:
- Labels – what’s new, drift requirements, buffer zones
- Drift factors – risk management and factors that can increase or decrease drift potential
- Nozzles – selecting the right nozzle for the job, spray quality, adjuvants, impacts on spray quality, meeting legal obligations
- Weather – day time versus night time condition and surface temperature inversions
- Weather on the Darling Downs – wind data from the Darling Downs
The information was presented by Cotton Australia Regional Manager (Darling Downs), Mary O’Brien, who was joined by myBMP Manager, Rick Kowitz.
The workshop was very well received, with a high level of engagement from participants with plenty of questions and discussion.
Cotton Australia thanks Jamie Grant for hosting the event at his farm.