The Cotton Australia Board has announced changes to its representatives on key internal and external committees, following the election of a new Chair and board members in August.
The committees are essential to the work of Cotton Australia’s Board in advocating for growers and shaping the future direction of the Australian cotton industry.
As announced at the organisation’s Annual General Meeting in August, Cotton Australia’s new chairman is Hamish McIntyre, and new deputy chairman is Nigel Burnett.
The updated list of representatives on industry committees is as follows:
- Cotton Australia Corporate Governance committee chair – Jeremy Callachor
- Transgenic and Insect Management Strategies (TIMS) Committee chair – Nigel Burnett
- TIMS Committee deputy chair – Bernie Bierhoff
- Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) Council representative – Hamish McIntyre
- Cotton Breeding Australia (CBA) representatives – Nigel Burnett and Bernie Bierhoff
- National Farmers Federation (NFF) Council – Hamish McIntyre
- Cotton Conference committee chair – Fleur Anderson
- Cotton Conference committee deputy chair – Peter Tuohey
- Australian Cotton Industry Forum (ACIF) chair – Fleur Anderson
- ACIF Cotton Australia representative – Hamish McIntyre
Cotton Australia chairman, Hamish McIntyre, says growers will continue to be well represented.
“These committees are essential in ensuring the voices of Australian cotton growers are heard in national and international conversations on cotton and agriculture more broadly,” Mr McIntyre says.
“I thank my fellow Board members for taking on this extra responsibility.”
“We look forward to working with Cotton Australia’s CEO Adam Kay and his team ensuring Australia’s cotton industry remains valued, viable and advanced.”
Cotton Australia is the peak representative body for Australia’s cotton growing industry.
Cotton Australia media contacts:
Chairman, Cotton Australia
0428 258 600
Communications Officer, Cotton Australia
0401 843 018