AFF is a leading Australian agribusiness specialising in irrigation row cropping, dryland broadacre farming and cotton ginning across NSW.
About the job
AFF water our cotton fields using furrow/siphon irrigation, which involves manually transporting water from a canal called a “head ditch” into the cotton fields using large black plastic pipes known as “siphons”. The fields will be watered by hand according to an irrigation schedule which is dictated by the weather and the needs of the plants.
For a demonstration please visit www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMVFCeoysXc
Skills and experience
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- Ability to work extended hours and weekend shifts.
- Enjoy physical labour with a high tolerance for summer working conditions.
- Have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Be able to pass all drug and alcohol tests.
- Have high level of English communication skills.
The cotton irrigation season is expected to run for approximately 4-5 months commencing in November 2021.
- Seasonal irrigators can expect to work 12 hour shifts: Day shift 7am – 7pm, or night shift 7pm – 7am.
- Seasonal irrigators can expect to work 13 days in a row, followed by a day of rest.
- These days and hours of work will be directed by your Shift Supervisor or Farm Manager.
- The length of the season will vary depending on the weather and market influences outside of AFF’s control.
AFF offers attractive casual pay rates and may have on-farm accommodation at some sites.
We have the following vacancies to fill:
- Boomi, NSW: 7 vacancies
- Garah, NSW: 16 vacancies
- Moree, NSW: 12 vacancies
- Narrabri, NSW: 3 vacancies
- Warren, NSW: 8 vacancies
The cotton irrigation season offers an unforgettable experience full of fun and comradery with a close-knit crew. Students and Working Holiday Makers encouraged to apply!
For further details please contact [email protected]