Want to join one of the best ag representative organisations in the country? Cotton Australia is looking for a Communications Officer.
- Full-time role based in Mascot
- Suit experienced communications professional with empathy for agriculture and the not-for-profit sector
- Work in a supportive, professional team environment
Cotton Australia seeks a Communications Officer to join its Sydney office. Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will help drive Cotton Australia’s communication strategy and will work with internal teams and external contractors to achieve its objectives.
The successful applicant will have:
- Proven written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated understanding of the media and online publishing;
- An ability to monitor issues as they develop, identify content opportunities and recognise challenges for the cotton industry;
- Skills in social media and website management;
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism, marketing or public relations, and 5+ years’ experience in the workplace; and
- An ability to work well with a small and cohesive team.
Experience or knowledge in any of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Australian agriculture and rural affairs;
- Media liaison and press release writing;
- Electronic campaign management;
- Document production management;
- Video or audio production.
Key duties of the role include:
- Managing Cotton Australia’s website and social media presence;
- Production and management of electronic direct mail campaigns;
- Production of communications collateral supporting the organisation’s education, policy and events initiatives;
- Writing media releases, talking points and internal communications such as newsletters and grower bulletins;
- Assisting the Communications Manager in media liaison duties;
- Working with Cotton Australia staff to synthesize complex issues into simple messages, and to ensure staff are properly equipped to deal with media issues;
- Working to tight timeframes to manage various projects and commitments.
Some regional and interstate travel will be required.
Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
Cotton Australia will seek referees from shortlisted candidates
Contact Chris Larsen – Communications Manager, Cotton Australia: 02 9669 5222