Cotton Australia has been awarded a $100,000 grant from the Queensland Government as part of its Rural Water Use Efficiency – Irrigation Futures: 2017-18 Program. Under the program, Cotton Australia can offer growers grants of up to $10,000 to purchase water use efficiency technology or services.
Cotton Australia will reimburse successful applicants up to 50% (capped at a $10,000) of the cost of investing in water use efficiency technology.
To be eligible applicants will have to be prepared to:
- Invest in commercially proven water use efficiency technology
- Be registered in the Cotton Australia myBMP program
- Have completed all Level One and Level Two practices in the myBMP Water Management module
- Undertake targeted training, delivered by CottonInfo, on the optimal use of the chosen technology
- Assist Cotton Australia, if required, in preparing a written case study on their adoption of the chosen technology
First round applications formally close on September 30, 2017. As such, growers are strongly encouraged to apply early, as the timing of when applications are received will form part of the assessment criteria.
Full details can be found in the attached information and application pack.
For further information, please contact Cotton Australia General Manager Michael Murray: