Cotton Australia is working strategically to advance the interests of cotton growers ahead of the Federal Election (to be held July 2, 2016).
Photo by Paula Heelan
At the organisation's recent General Meeting in Brisbane, Cotton Australia's Member Representatives were invited to comment on the Election Platform, with broad support offered.
Cotton Australia is now working to communicate our priorities to all candidates and secure election commitments in the industry’s favour.
Key policy areas for Cotton Australia’s 2016 election platform are:
- Security of access to land and water resources – water for food and fibre and sensible regulation of mining and coal seam gas impacts
- Advancing productivity – commitment to rural research, development and extension, pesticide regulation and energy
- Fostering our cotton and agricultural workforce – labour, education and skills
- Reducing unnecessary regulation in agriculture
- Building thriving rural and regional communities
- Sensible climate policy – creation of opportunity through research and development and innovation