Important information for growers ahead of the cotton picking season.
With cotton picking started in some regions, Cotton Australia has put together a number of resources, links and tools to give growers all the information they need for the coming harvest. Help us keep you, your family and your employees safe this picking season by reviewing the information here - this section will be updated as new resources come to hand, so please keep referring back.
- Cotton Australia Background Briefing - a comprehensive technical publication with all you need to know to prepare for picking
- Updated Transport Section on this website, including guidelines and other resources to assist in the safe loading, restraint and transport of cotton modules, bales and machinery
- Cotton Australia Transport Fact Sheet 2013 - outlining all you need to know about about the transportation of round modules in NSW and QLD including the rules and regulations and links to restraint guides, reports and permits.
- Fact sheets about safety around powerlines
- Fact sheets about moving tall machinery
- Template for inducting workers for cotton picking safety
- Telehandler Safety Guide
- Cotton Harvest Safety Guide NEW!
- Cotton Harvest Safety DVD, including safety around round module pickers
- Link to electricity induction video for workers
- The timing and efficacy of defoliant applications is a vital step in preparing for a quality harvest. This article by Bill Gordon, an industry expert in setting up aerial and ground spraying systems looks at the key factors in successful application. There's also a podcast to download at the same link.
- An article on the importance of not feeding gin trash to cattle, and the cotton industry's ongoing agreement with the Cattle Council
HARVEST CONTRACTORS: PICK n MATCH
- Directory of cotton harvest contractors available this season