Aussie cotton in focus. September 2017 to June 2018: capture planting, growing, harvest, ginning, transporting and researching.
Every picture tells a story. We’re seeking photos and videos that capture beautiful moments from the 2017-18 Australian cotton season, whether it’s in the field, shed, gin or lab.
Help us tell the story of our modern and world-leading industry. Themes represented in your entry may include technology, innovation, sustainability and people and places within our cotton communities.
Download the competition flyer
- Aussie cotton people: Photos of people using technology and equipment, portraits, working as a team and working safely
- Aussie cotton landscapes: Photos of the plant, fibre, aerial shots, landscapes and the farm across different times of day and different times of the season
- The moving image: Video footage of no more than 2 minutes (this may include video of people working in cotton, landscape shots, harvesting in the field, at the gin, and so on; we are seeking raw footage, not a short film; music overlay may be included)
Who can enter
The competition is open to all photographers: rookie, amateur and professional – and everything in between. The competition is open to entrants aged 16 years and above, and we encourage students to participate, too.
Prizes ($8000 up for grabs)
Recipients will be awarded:
- First Place: $4000 camera equipment voucher
- Runner Up: $1500 camera equipment voucher
- Category Winners: $500 camera equipment vouchers (one per category)
- People’s Choice: $1000 camera equipment voucher
Photos should be high quality, reflect Australian locations, adhere to workplace health and safety (WHS) guidelines and depict safe practices, be free from watermarks, submitted in colour - preferred (black and white will be accepted, too), entries must be submitted in JPEG (photo) format and each photo should be no larger than 10MB. Please email photo entries to firstname.lastname@example.org and email us for more info on how to submit videos (must be WMV).
- Entrant’s full name
- Entrant’s postal address, email address and preferred telephone contact number
- The category entered for each entry
- A caption for each entry (no more than 20 words per entry)
Terms and conditions
Before entering the competition, click here to read the full terms and conditions
Closing date: 11.59PM, June 8, 2018
A judging panel consisting of one photographer and one cotton industry representative will select the winning entries and people’s choice finalists. Chance plays no part in determining the recipient of each prize.
Recipients will be announced and their winning entry displayed at the 19th Australian Cotton Conference at the Gold Coast (August 7-9, 2018).