Cotton LEADS™ is a commitment to the supply and use of responsibly-produced cotton through national and international efforts. It is a partnership between the Australian and U.S. cotton industries.
Cotton LEADS™ is based on five core principles:
- COMMITMENT to the social, environmental, economic and regulatory factors required to produce world-class cotton.
- RECOGNITION that sustainable and responsible cotton production requires continual improvement, investment, research, and sharing of best practices information among growers and industry.
- UNDERSTANDING that positive changes in responsible cotton practices will have the most impact when implemented by partnerships among farm, regional, national and international programs.
- BELIEF in the benefit of working with similar programs that seek to advance responsible and sustainable cotton production in an effort to keep global cotton competitive in world fibre markets.
- CONFIDENCE in a cotton identification system that ensures traceability from farm to manufacturer.
To download further information and details on Cotton LEADS™, please click here.
To go to the official Cotton LEADS™ website, please click here.