This page contains best practice information for growers, information on two-way communication tools for growers and beekeepers and links to more information.
Information for growers
- myBMP (Best Management Practices) modules on Integrated Pest Management (IPM) - Insects, Weeds and Diseases and Pesticide Management
- CottonInfo's Cotton Pest Management Guide for growers looking for information about responsible pesticide selection and application, including integrated pest management (IPM) fit, resistance management and impact on beneficial species and bees
- CropLife Australia's spray drift best practice reference guide, MyAgCHEMUse
- Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) portal to view labels for all pesticides
- Australian Honey Bee Industry Council (AHBIC) site
BeeConnected is a private messaging service to connect registered beekeepers with registered farmers and contractors, enabling two-way communication on the location of hives and crop protection product activities.
BeeConnected can be used to identify nearby crop/hive locations and facilitate communication between spray applicators and beekeepers on planned activities. This communication allows for spray applicators and beekeepers to undertake pro-active steps to reduce risk for bees and hives.
BeeConnected can be used to help spray applicators meet pesticide label requirements to notify beekeepers of an intended spray, where there is potential for managed bees to be affected by the spray or spray drift.
Visit BeeConnected: www.beeconnected.org.au